This page contains information and documents to assist LEAs in uploading their 2012-2013 enrollment data to SAS, Ohio’s value added vendor, to be used as part of their 2012 EVAAS Web reports. The information is for districts and community schools that do NOT contract for student services through an ITC.
- Download and review the 2012 SAS Services Specification Form. The Services Specification form shows that you are paying $0.00 for the specified service (inclusion of 2012-2013 enrollment data in the EVAAS Reports). Fill out your district name in Part 3, then sign and date as directed.
The documents should then be FAXed to: Karyn Long, SAS at (919) 677-4444.
- Download the 2012-2013 Student Enrollment File that specifies the file format you will need to use to upload the data. (Please be sure not to change the file layout.)
- Please designate an individual to upload data to a secure ftp site. Send the name and e-mail address of that person to Adam.Armstrong@sas.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once SAS has received the appropriate documents and contact information, they will confirm your contact or provide you with the address of your ftp site.
- After you have submitted your year-end student data to ODE you will be ready to upload your 2012-2013 enrollment data to SAS. Please load your data into the Excel file and begin uploading your data to the ftp site. Please remember that the data must be entered as an Excel spreadsheet in the file format specified. Your data should be uploaded only once during a deadline “window” for receiving data. Be sure that all of the data for your district is complete before you upload your file.
- In an effort to simplify the process of creating the enrollment file, we are asking that you submit data for all students enrolled in your district for the 2012-2013 school year.
Remember - it is important not to use a district’s internal ID for either the student information (column “D” of the spreadsheet), nor use a district’s internal school identifier (column “B”). Using internal district codes and student IDs will lead to a delay in the processing of your information and/or your district’s updates not being used.
Note: SAS will refresh the EVAAS Web site seven times. The deadlines to assure your 2012-2013 enrollment data are included in those revisions are Aug. 15, Sept. 30, Oct. 31, Nov. 30, Dec. 31, Jan. 31 and Feb. 28. 2012-2013 student enrollment data that are uploaded by the Aug. 15 deadline will be included in EVAAS when it initially opens in September.
SAS Services Specification Form 2012 (PDF)
2012-2013 Student Enrollment File Format (Excel)
Help for EVAAS FTP (PDF)
For questions or more information, please contact: email@example.com .