This USDA program offered through the Ohio Department of Education provides nutritious meals and snacks at sites that meet eligibility requirements.
Information about the Summer Food Service Program
2013 SFSP Sponsor Information and Deadlines
- The SFSP on-line application is expected to open by March 15th. Returning sponsors will be notified by e-mail when it is open.
- 2013 SFSP on-line application is due Friday, April 19, 2013
- Sponsor may add SFSP site applications up to Friday, May 17, 2013
2013 SFSP New and Returning Sponsor Training Dates
- Face-to-Face Returning Sponsor Training - Friday, March 1, 2013, at the State Library of Ohio - Register through CRRS
- This training is for sponsors that had several findings in their last review, have administrative personnel, or would prefer face-to-face training over on-line training.
- On-line returning sponsor training will be available on CRRS by March 15th for those sponsors that are in good standing.
- New sponsor training will be held on Monday, March 4th and Thursday, March 21st, at the State Library of Ohio. Potential new sponsors must complete the on-line survey at www.education.ohio.gov, click on Learning Supports, Food and Nutrition, then Summer Food Service Program. Once the survey is submitted, ODE will send additional information and training registration via e-mail.
SFSP Summit 2013 - Click here to get the information shared at the third annual statewide Summer Food Service Program Summit, including presentations, maps of participation, the 2013 SFSP timeline and information on how to get involved.
- Sponsor/State Agency Agreement (PDF)
- Limited Disclosure Packet (PDF)
Administering the Program
- Administrative Guidance for Sponsors 2013 (PDF)
- Nutrition Guidance and References 2013 (PDF)
- Site Supervisor Guide English 2013 (PDF)
- Site Supervisor Guide Spanish 2013 (PDF)
- Monitor's Guide 2013 (PDF)
- Site Supervisor's Pocket Reference Guide English (PDF)
- Site Supervisor's Pocket Reference Guide Spanish (PDF)
- Site Supervisor's Video Click to view
- Outreach Kit for Sponsors and Feeding Sites (PDF)
- Allowable SFSP Costs and Needed Documentation (PDF)
- School Food Service Vending Agreement (PDF) (Word)
- Invitation for Bid Packet (over $150,000) (PDF) (Word)
- Invitation for Bid Renewal Contract (PDF) (Word)
- Small Purchase Vending Contract Packet (under $150,000) (PDF) (Word)
Policy memorandums, resources and links to legislation relating to all Summer Food Service Programs conducted at sites that meet eligibility requirements.
Claims and Reimbursement Reporting System (CRRS)
System used by schools and community agencies enrolled in USDA Child Nutrition Programs through ODE to submit required data and apply for meal reimbursements.