Ohio’s 2003 Academic Content Standards in foreign language are made up of five standards.
- Communication: Communicate in languages other than English
- Cultures: Gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures
- Connections: Connect with other disciplines and acquire information
- Comparisons: Develop insight into the nature of language and culture
- Communities: Participate in multilingual communities and cultures at home and around the world
These PDF files allow you to view the Foreign Language Academic Content Standards in three different layouts: organized by standard, organized by grade level and with the benchmarks and indicators aligned. They also contain introductory sections, instructional commentary, a glossary and a resource list.
Word versions of the Academic Content Standards document appear below as separate files for each particular section of the document. These files are provided for those who wish to copy, paste or edit the content to use in lesson plans or curriculum documents. The content is the same as the full document although there may be some differences in formatting and pagination depending on the word-processing application being used. Some graphics have been omitted in order to limit the size of the document and the amount of memory required to open the files.